Terms and Conditions
In an effort to keep our rates as affordable as possible, we request if possible payment in cash (US$ or local Colones).
Room Rates are quoted in US dollars and are subject to 13% local hotel tax.
Reservations for Banana Azul can be made with your credit card over our secure server over the internet. Click here to check availability and reserve.
Customers may pay balance in full ahead of their stay by using Paypal.
Canadian Customers may pay in advance of their stay or during their stay with Interac Email Money Transfer. Canadian Customers paying by Interac can enjoy Banana Azul rates at par with US$.
There are no refunds for late arrivals or early departures unless prior arrangement has been made. This includes delayed flights.
In the event of cancellations or no-shows, a cancellation penalty is applied. The more notice you give us, the less the cancellation fee. Please see the details below.
Hotel Banana Azul and The Caribbean side of Costa Rica is an unique property and in a unique location. Our hotel speaks more to the adventurous traveller. In an effort to make sure, our property and local area is ideal for your vacation, please read our guest reviews about their experiences here at Banana Azul. See also: FAQ – Banana Azul and information about Puerto Viejo.
To find out what rates are in other currencies, check out a currency converter here.
All Guests must AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING CANCELLATION POLICY
- More than 30 days notice: Full refund less 7% handling fees
- 30 to 15 days notice: 25% Charge of total nights reserved
- 14 to 8 days notice: 50% Charge of total nights reserved
- Less than 7 days: 100% Charge of total nights reserved
* Should I cancel reservation, I authorize Banana Azul Hotel to charge my credit card the amount owed under the terms of above cancellation policy *
For a more thorough explanation of our cancellation policy please click here.
Reservation Inquiries and Deposits
You’ve got the prices, the deposit and cancellation terms.
Don’t have or want to use a credit card?
We also accept direct bank transfers to our Bank Accounts accounts in Costa Rica. This really only works when you are making a transfer within the country. It can also work from other countries, but fees can be high (approx $20+)
Here is the information you will need for bank transfers. Make sure you email us a copy of your transfer receipt.
Name of Bank = Bank of Costa Rica Name of Account = Sueno Frente el Caribe Account number in dollars = 1-399-3913 SINPE 1520139900003913-6
Name of Bank = Banco Nacional
Name of Account = Sueno Frente al Caribe S.A.
Account number in dollars = 1-200-02-093-000034-0
- Bike Rentals; $6/day or $30 week
- Laundry $9/load
- Boogie Boards $5/half day
- Snorkel Gear $5/day
- Breakfast for non-registered-guests $7.95
- Free Wireless Internet Service if you have a laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc
- Laptop or iPad rentals at $2.50 per half hour or $4.00 per hour
- White Water Rafting Trip from Arenal or San Jose $99
- Private transportation to and from San Jose up to 8 persons $190
- Tourist Shuttle to or from San Jose and Arenal $35-49p/p